Sunday 1 April 2012

Evaluation: How did you use new technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?

 Throughout the process, new technologies have been a necessity in every aspect of the construction of both my ancillary and main task. Although it is evident within my blog that I have used 'new techonologies' throughout the process, I have also outlined each aspect below to evidence this fact further.

Research & Planning
I researched existing media products using the Internet, on sites such as 'Youtube', where I could view music videos of varying genres. I also visited record shops such as 'HMV' to research existing CD and DVD Digipacks, to help inform my designing decisions regarding my ancillary task. I could then take pictures and scan these CD/DVD Digipack's in order to use them on my blog.


Construction
Constructing both the main task and ancillary task has been a process that has truly embraced new technologies. The latter has seen me explore and use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator to design and construct my CD digipack and advertisement. Photoshop helped me edit images that I would then manipulate further in both InDesign and Illustrator

The music video required us to use Premier Pro, a video-editing software that allowed us to edit and manipulate footage. The editing process became an essential part of this operation as we explored and subsequently enhanced our footage by manipulating our film - through adding layers, altering the speed of the footage and adding filters.


Evaluation
The evaluation of our products throughout the process has been a necessity, and one which would be impossible without the use of 'new technology'. By creating a YouTube account and uploading our latest footage we were able to share our videos for potential feedback with ease. Instantly, due to the globalisation that is brought about through social websites such as YouTube, we could gather comments from people all over the world to help improve our work.


We used social-networking site 'Facebook' to post our video to friend's and ask them for feedback


However, we still maintained a more personal approach to audience feedback through showing our video to our peers. This allowed us to capture their responses on film; having their evaluative comments on video gave a new dimension to a potentially repetitive task.



For an extensive list of how and why I have incorporated the use of the internet into my research, planning and evaluation stages, click the following link to open up a new window that contains the blog post 'Evaluation: Software'.

No comments:

Post a Comment